It is an honour to announce a new network for Christian community development in Canada.
We say honour because if we’ve discovered anything in the past year of listening and discerning, it’s that there have been so many who have gone before this moment to help inspire this network for such a time as this. There are also so many doing amazing work in Canada with a heart for greater collaboration, connection and support.
Not ready to become a member? Click here to sign up for emails.
In addition, the social and spiritual needs coming out of COVID only continue to increase, which is another important reason many believe we need to work together and mutually support one another in this important work. Currently, no one is formally facilitating networking among these groups, but as the African proverb says, ‘Alone we go faster, together we go further’.
We are grateful for the countless people who have created the space and time to meet to help us discern and begin weaving this network so far. This list is too long to mention!
We are also grateful for the Small Task Force (∗) who helped shape the vision of this network and our current (and growing) Advisory Team (†), consisting of:
- Jenna Smith (Christian Direction) ∗ †
- Jesse Sudirgo (Tyndale Seminary) ∗ †
- James Watson (Tyndale Seminary) ∗ †
- Richard Pommanville (Society of Saint Vincent de Paul) ∗
- Charlotte Pettigrew (Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited) ∗
- Tim Dickau (City Gate) †
- Shelaine Strom (FH Canada / Ending Poverty Together) †
- Wendi Park (CareImpact) †
- David Kupp (Wycliff College/Kabisa International) †
- Erinn Oxford (The Dale) †
- Kenneth Wallace (NAIITS & Mosaic Church) †
- Steve Griffin (Centre for the City, Centre Street Church) †
Want to stay in the loop? Sign-up for Kentro’s emails.
Collaboration is at the center
Organizations can’t fight poverty on their own. Get connected. We are stronger together.